Friday 15 October 2004

How to be Happy

The following post is not to be taken lightly. I must advise all content written is that of a view I hold, it may not work for you and you may also disagree to some of my views. The following I have discovered through my life which I still have much to live. I hope it does help some of you to be happy.

Happiness is sometimes something hard to obtain, now it goes without saying you don't get something for nothing. Happiness isn't something that you just let in or that just comes. In essence you make you happy, you are the only person with this power.

You may say a certain sound is annoying you but this is simply because you are letting it, if you can let the sound in and just let it pass through you as hard as it may sound you will become much calmer. Now the best way I have discovered to calm the mind is meditation and chanting, many things can be relaxing, and by relaxing I mean relaxing not lazing. Work, Meditation, Writing. Many things can calm the mind down. I believe it is essential to have a calm mind to stay happy.

Somebody annoys you? Is it this persons fault they annoy you? NO!! now if this person annoys you whether they are doing it on purpose or not, it will upset your mental state.. but it is because you are not in a decent mental state that they annoy you. You can accept things and just live without making everything seem hostile.

Unfortunately controlling the mind to be happy is not an easy task and it really does need you to start looking at yourself a lot more. When you get annoyed or upset step back and ask yourself how this is happening, then ask yourself how you can fix it, now I don't mean go and smack the person who is making you annoyed in the nose so they shut up, I mean an internal fix, take some deep breaths and focus your mind on positive thoughts.

A good way to be happy is to just be positive, also if you do things for others it is very fulfilling and it has always been said what you give out you get back(Karma).

Do not resort to external things for your happiness. Why do certain people make you happy? Because you let them, not because they are special. Why is it that one of your friends is made happy by you and they make you happy, but that friends friend makes your friend happy but not you? Because you make let them annoy you, its that simple.

Now it has been tested(As from "The Art Of Happiness") that if you Said to yourself, I wish I was [X] everyday then you will be unhappy, but if you said I'm glad I'm not [x] then you will appreciate life more. Be more accepting of life and don't take things for granted as much. Many people are born with disabilities, what about third world countries and countries at war? You really have the life of luxury! Be grateful for the life you live.

Mind is over matter, so if you can say to yourself I will be happy, I will accept this person, then you will, the mind is the big tool for your happiness!

Never expect anything from anybody or anywhere, this will lead to your own demise. You can only rely on yourself for happiness and this is fact. Love yourself, meet yourself, look at yourself.. this is the only way.

If somebody gets angry at you or bullies you, let them win, it may make you upset but it is better than getting angry and gaining the bad Karma from this situation, if you let someone win you will gain back good Karma (this is very hard even I find this hard to do).

I think for now this is all I can say about Happiness, I may be back with more.

I hope this was insightful for some of you and may you all be happy!

Related posts by me:
What is real Happiness?

No comments: